Monday 16 November 2009

SOTU D6 Progress

None.

Honestly, how difficult can it be? All I need to do is write the very basic D6 system and tweak it to suit my Scum Of The Universe setting. Surely that's not hard?

Turns out it is. You see, apart from writing gaming stuff I'm also a father and a husband and I have a full-time job. I also seem to spend more time writing/talking about RPGs than actually playing them. I want to get some solid playtesting done of the setting - not just a couple of bash-about adventures but a long, hard campaign - before I even think about what it is I want from the game. Is that me making excuses? Maybe I don't even want to write the game and I just want to play it. I have no idea. Playtesting will no doubt tell me where it is I want to go with all this.

Man, sometimes I suck at writing projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment