Tuesday 11 May 2010

Sins of a Solar Empire

I'm a massive fan of Homeworld and play it regularly. In fact, I've never found a space-based RTS game that compares with it. I've been looking around recently with the intention of finding a new game that can expand on the fun I had in Homeworld. Also, with my next tabletop campaign being a Traveller game, I'm looking for something in that vein.

I've recently come across Sins of a Solar Empire and this looks like the sort of thing I'm looking for.


An RTS with world-building and a diplomatic/trading angle? Perfect. I was seriously considering EVE Online but I don't want to get involved with another MMORPG - I quit World of Warcraft for a reason.

I think I'll seriously check it out. Looks like my kind of thing when it comes to galaxy-spanning science fiction.

3 comments:

  1. Sins has a very good reputation amongst my friends. I haven't given it a try but the other sci fi nuts I know love it. Well worth a look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got it and I'm playing it. Brilliant stuff - let's just say that I now know what my Traveller RPG campaign is going to be modelled on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty good game. Its paced slower than other RTS's. It is not 3d, just looks like it.

    ReplyDelete