Monday 26 July 2010

Construction of a gaming shop - Part 4

Monday, and I've managed to get some insanely cheap shelves into the shop. At £9.99 each and standing tall and proud, they've filled the gap under the windows really nicely.

There was one catch, however - I had to transport them from the store where I purchased them to my unit... by train. That's 20 plus kilos of kit carried by hand to the station, then from the station to the shop. Yes, it was heavy. Yes, I did have to stop every hundred feet or so. Yes, I am in a lot of pain right now. But it was neccessary, and I managed to do it.

Following my amazing feat of strength and endurance I then put up the first of many posters, kindly donated by my good friend Mark Newbold of www.lightsabre.org.uk. It now sits proudly on the main wall.

After all that I managed to verify the delivery of my counter and my first stock order (all to be here by Wednesday) then I got on the train and headed home.

The rest of the afternoon was taken up by emailing all the primary gaming clubs in the UK, follow-up calls for orders and deliveries, and to complain to the telecommunications people that not only did they get the installation date of the line wrong they have also got the company name wrong. Apparently we're called 'Hard Fixes'.

Idiots.

No comments:

Post a Comment