Wednesday, 7 July 2010

If I was in charge...

... these films would be in production RIGHT NOW!

A new Mad Max movie with the same production team (or as close as dammit) but starring Sam Worthington. Yeah? can you see it? Can you see Sam in the cop leathers nailing bikers in his 1973 XB GT Ford Falcon Coupe? Sorry - his V8 Interceptor?



I know I can. Sam would be the perfect for the restart of the Mad Max movies, though Tom Hardy, the guy they have in mind according to http://www.imdb.com/, will no doubt do an excellent job as he's a great actor. But Sam Worthington, man! I don't care how much Clash of the Titans sucked, he'd be perfect for it.

Then, I'd give Clint Eastwood a call for him to direct a new 'Man With No Name' spaghetti western, with Hugh Jackman playing the dude himself.


Oh, come on - don't tell me you don't see it. Watch 'The Good, the Bad and the Ugly' and don't try and tell me the scene where Blondie's hair is all stuck up when he rolls down the sand dune after being dragged along by Tuco doesn't make him look like Wolverine.

You know I'm right, Hollywood. You bloody well do.

Have a look at the video below (not for kids, I have to warn you!). This is how the new Mad Max movie should be made: hands-on with no CGI or dodgy computer effects. Real. Solid. Oh, and the moment at 4:25 in is possibly the greatest 'F*** you!' cinema moment ever, without the need for words. Just look at the carnage that one shot causes!