Thursday 10 May 2012

Marvel's Avengers Assemble... bad, bad timing.

I saw the new Avengers movie last night. It was, quite simply, wonderfully awesome. The problem I have now, is, that I want to run a huge Marvel Super Heroes game more than ever. I want to create my own mythos, my own universe, my own set of weird and wonderful characters and locations and villains and aliens and initiatives and groups and powers and... you get the idea. I've got this renewed interest and vigour regarding this genre and I'd love to have a stab at it using this system in particular.

Of course, I'm still running a Pathfinder campaign and I'm supposed to be committed to that. My heart really isn't in it anymore - I'm not sure if I was really enjoying all that much anyway, and I may have been trying to convince myself otherwise - but I need to get past that. I've made a commitment and this fondness for superheroes might pass somewhat while I'm caught up in the Marvel moment.

Besides, my mate Louis is opening his store COMSHOP in Lichfield this week, and there's going to be a backroom to game in. Maybe I'll save this campaign for that location... Excelsior!

1 comment:

  1. I'd say go for it. I tend to act that way too. I see something that really inspires me and I want to run that. Talk to your group and tell me you're not into Pathfinder as before. A campaign won't be as good if the GM is not wholly motivated. Maybe your players will understand and go for it. GMs also need to be entertained, you know? :-)

    ReplyDelete