Sunday 1 July 2012

What is happening with Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars RPG?

Other than the 'wish list' threads of the FFG forums there's very little coming out about it. What do people want from the game? What are you hoping for, and what are you dreading?

Me, I'm hoping for a rules system as flexible as the WEG D6 system, with the cinematic adventure feel it has, and source material other than the already established OT/Prequel stuff. What I'm hoping they don't do is a game like Warhamer 3rd Edition, with special dice and tokens at a high price. That's just not my thing and I'm a veteran of the original D6 system way of doing things (so I'm automatically bias, anyway!).

What's the story, FFG? Watcha doin'?

2 comments:

  1. I'd forgotten that they were even doing an rpg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would hope for something similar to what FFG do with their 40K stuff. The rule books are great and they keep pumping out some kick ass source material. If you think about what GW did when it came to role-playing, and how much further FFG have taken it, you would think they could really open the box on the Star Was universe, getting into all the stuff that gets touched on in games and fiction.

    ReplyDelete