Sunday 2 December 2018

Cryptic old game design files #2

Once again, as I go through my old work, I find an unmarked file with a page of rules that I obviously designed as a simple skirmish game using a D6. A game I designed recently also uses a single D6, but it's not as simple as this and does not use a square grid for movement.

I think I designed this after playing D&D 4th Edition and enjoying the square grid layout. I can't remember, to be honest. I have a lot of love for single D6 games so this is probably one of many I dreamed up.

It's incomplete - I don't know how the special skills in the classes work, or how defensive combat works - but it seems usable. I might revisit this at some point in the future.

The last time I did anything with this file was Sun, 21 Apr 2013 at 21:46. I can't imagine what that would be for as I don't remember playtesting this at all. Perhaps it's something I could write up as two-page fantasy skirmish game. That might be fun.

~oOo~

ABILITIES

MOVE (How many squares they can move per round)
COMBAT
RANGED
STRENGTH

Each ability score has 3 points, can be changed by lowering one score to increase another, max score 5 min 1.

Roll 1D6 + Ability score

Ability Target number is always 6
Ranged target number is always number of squares, max 6.
Combat target number is opponents Combat score + 1D6

Each hit does 1 point of damage, reduced from STRENGTH score, reaching 0 means death.

CLASSES

Each class has a special skill that helps them with certain problems. Special skills are automatically at score 3.

SOLDIER - Breakdown
ROGUE – Trap mastery
SPELLCASTER - Magic
PRIEST – Defeat undead
RANGER – Precision aim


Each character has 5 equipment slots – if they go over this then MOVEMENT, COMBAT and RANGED are reduced by 1 point for every extra item.

Characters can take:

SWORD
SHIELD (gives +1 to defensive COMBAT rolls)
BOW
ARMOUR (first point of armour uses one slot every 1 point of armour over that reduces MOVEMENT, COMBAT and RANGED by one point and uses up a slot - gives +1 to defensive COMBAT rolls)

No comments:

Post a Comment