Saturday 18 August 2012

Fantasy Flight Games STAR WARS RPG: Join the Beta and Be Among the First to Play

At last! Some solid news about the Star Wars tabletop roleplaying game comes in the form of an actual game to play! Fantasy Flight Games are making the basic rules available for beta testing in the roleplaying community, so get on over there and be a part of the creation of the newest iteration of the Star Wars roleplaying game. If there was an actual queue, I'd be at the front.

From the website:
Fantasy Flight Games is pleased to invite you to the Star Wars™: Edge of the Empire beta test! For over three decades, the Star Wars universe has inspired the imaginations and captured the hearts of generations of fans. Now, we invite you to indulge your creativity and lose yourselves in the fantastic world of the Star Wars Roleplaying experience.








To encapsulate the operatic grandeur of the Star Wars universe, the Star Wars Roleplaying Game will be presented in three epic installments. These take place during the height of the Rebel Alliance’s struggle against the Galactic Empire. Star Wars: Edge of the Empire is the first of these installments, focusing on the fringes of society, on the scum and villainy of the galaxy and the explorers and colonists of the Outer Rim. In this game, players take on the roles of hard-hearted bounty hunters, roguish scoundrels, charming smugglers, or fearless explorers trying to survive and thrive on the edges of civilization. Visit our description page to learn more.


This article originally appeared on the Jedi News website.

2 comments:

  1. As much as I'd love to, i couldn't afford the $20 buy in for the Only War Beta PDF, and that's even further out of the realms of affordable, as I would also have to get it shipped to England. Looking forward to some reviews of it though, as I think there could be a lot of fun in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The money-for-beta thing would have put me off if it had been anything else, but I'm a bit of a fanatis about the SW:RPG and even though I was disappointed by the D20 and Saga versions it's one setting I always give a chance.

    The problem with this is, I worked out I'd have to spend the same again on shipping to get it over to me from the states - that in itself is a turnoff, and I can't justify spending that much money on what might not be the final product. I'll see what word of mouth is like, first, and base a decision off that.

    ReplyDelete