Wednesday 30 December 2009

Fallout 3 - and beyond!!!

Well, yesterday I went on about how great Killzone 2 was and that Fallout 3 was also great yadda yadda blah blah... sometimes I bore myself. Anyway, to cut a long story short - the end.

Sorry that's a bit too short. Story a bit longer, I went out and purchased a new copy of Fallout 3. But not just any copy. Oh, no. This is the super-duper razzle-dazzle oompah-loompa 'Game of the Year' edition. You get the original game and all the downloadable content, too - Operation: Anchorage, The Pitt, Broken Steel, Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta.

I kicked off a short session last night, just to get back into the feel of the game. I started out with honest intentions - just create a character, get out of Vault 101 and then explore the Capital Wasteland another day. That's about an hour's gameplay right there. So, anyway, three and a half hours later I've gotten out of the vault, explored much of the south of the wasteland and done a few missions. Honestly, where does the time go?

This game would be wonderfully complemented by a tabletop RPG, much like what they're doing with Dragon Age. You might even be able to use the actual in-game system, much like this guy did here. I think there'd be plenty of roleplaying opportunities.

ADDITIONAL: I've been reading up on Fallout 3 a lot on the internet today - oh, I'm not cheating or anything as I owned the game before and completed it twice. What I'm hearing is everyone - and I mean everyone - bitching about the fact that it's buggy, that it freezes, that it doesn't load etc etc. Sorry, am I the only one who has never had a problem with it? In both the copies I bought? Touch wood it doesn't happen to me, but surely this isn't as widespread as some people are making it out to be. If that was the case it wouldn't be on the shelves, surely.
Maybe it's not the game. Maybe it's you. Yeah, you.

2 comments:

  1. F3 is brilliant and I think you'll find there is a free RPG of it. http://www.1km1kt.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1766

    I think F3 only crashed once or twice. Rarely, though and not to annoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The main gripe seems to be with PS3 owners, but I've not had any problems. Sure, there has been a couple of times it took it's time loading but never to the point where I got frustrated with it.

    ReplyDelete