Sunday 22 January 2012

Another Dragon Warriors Movie

I like to find movies that give me inspiration for my games, visually and possibly thematically. This is another movie that sets the tone for me - Arn: The Knight Templar. It's a very good movie, although not as action-packed as the trailer suggests, and has some great characters in it I could use as Dragon Warriors NPCs.



It does drag a little in some places but overall it was an excellent film and I was really impressed with the main character Arn and think he'd make a great NPC.

Check it out. It's a good film. Next on my list is 'Ironclad'. That's in my DVD player right now and is ready to go.

2 comments:

  1. Never heard of this film before now, but after a quick search I can see that two versions have been released; theatrical and extended director's cut. Did you watch the extended movie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got the 130 minute theatrical version, from what I can see the extended cut is 200 minutes. Even the short version feels like a decent mini-series.

    ReplyDelete