Saturday, 24 April 2010

Designing my Sci-Fi game

And that's 'Sci-Fi'. Not 'SyFy'. How ridiculous.

Anyway, now that 'Traveller' is going to be my next campaign after 'Dragon Warriors' finishes (and we're rapidly approaching the conclusion of that campaign), I'm starting to wonder what kind of game I want to run. Light, bright and intellectual like '2001: A Space Odyssey', down-to-earth and grungy like 'Silent Running' or 'Moon', or dark and dangerous like 'Alien' or 'Dead Space'?

I guess I'll design something generic and make my mind up closer to the campaign, but right now I'm thinking of something dark and dangerous, not so much for the horror but just the aesthetic.

Do any of you have any success with any other kind of sci-fi look and design? Feel free to leave me some suggestions in the comments.